Friday, July 1, 2011

Lesson Learned!

I love Zulily.com. For those who don't know, Zulily is an online discount "club" that offers everything from baby clothes to home decor. It's free to sign up. And I'm addicted.

During one of my recent hunts, I came across a darling little pair of red shoes. I thought to myself  "Independence Day is coming. Sadie has a navy blue dress. Sadie needs these red shoes!" So into the cart they went. Along with a red and white striped scarf for yours truly.  I was satisfied that my little girl had the perfect outfit for America's birthday.

....And then the shoes arrived. I excitedly signed for the box and sat down on the couch like a little kid on Christmas morning. I found the scarf first and set it aside. I was most excited about those little shoes. I opened their separate box, pulled off the plastic wrapping, and froze.

The shoes squeaked. Not a little creak when walking, I mean they SQUEAK. There is something in the heel that makes these shoes squeak like a dog toy when stepped on.  I couldn't believe it.

Ben saw my face and started laughing like it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen in his life. Sadie, of course, was thrilled. She lit up and started hopping up and down while shouting "Squeaky! Squeaky!"  I just shook my head and put the shoes on her feet.

You can probably guess what happened next. Sadie commenced her own little parade around our house, squeaking up the stairs and into the playroom...down the stairs and into her bedroom. The shoes could be heard from anywhere in the house. So I turned to Ben and said "Well...at least we'll never lose her!"

So, boys and girls, today's lesson is this: always read the description carefully before buying! Otherwise you may end up with squeaky shoes on an enthusiastic toddler.

  

PS- these are the shoes. 

1 comment:

  1. Brittany I had no idea that there was a thing called zulilly i'll check it out. and about the shoes toooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete