Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Fruitful Shopping Trip

Today has been great. Sadie (and mommy!) slept in, Ben got a little playing time on his Xbox, and I cooked a good weekend breakfast. Then we had showers and headed out to run our errands.

When we got to the furniture store (Darby's Big Furniture, for you folks in Lawton), I had a  mini panic attack.  The store had been rearranged since our last visit, and I couldn't find the bed I fell in love with! Luckily I spotted it at the back of the store and breathed a sigh of relief.

Mary, the lady who helped us, was so sweet. She gave us a price on the bed that was actually lower than I was quoted previously, and since Ben is in the Army she knocked a hundred dollars off the price of the chest of drawers we liked! As an added bonus, when she checked the store's stock, they actually had a full size bed there. We don't have to wait for it to be ordered, so both pieces will be delivered on Monday. I'm so excited! Seriously. This is like Christmas morning for me!

Here is a picture I snapped of the chest. Pardon the poor quality, it was taken with my phone.

  

For a picture of the bed, please see last night's post. I promised an update, and there you have it! This really takes a burden off my shoulders. I'm so glad we've got the necessities for Sadie's room now. Now I can focus on the fun projects! Like that mirror I mentioned last night....ha! Until next time, thanks for reading, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment