Friday, July 8, 2011

Is it really only July??

Yesterday Ben, Sadie, and I ventured out into the heat. And let me tell you folks...this is not your garden variety heat. This is open oven door, satan's back porch, I'm surprised my feet aren't sticking to the pavement heat. The thermostat read 116...yeah. Ben said he felt like he was back in Kuwait!

So anyway, we ventured out. Our first stop was Hobby Lobby. I was in a crafty mood and wanted to do something for the baby. We made our way back to the barrettes and baby items aisle, and unfortunately I was disappointed. I was hoping to find some cute iron-on appliques for bibs or onesies, but everything just looked kind of dull. Dull or cheap. So I gave up and decided to shop for other things.

On our way out of the store, I spied autumn orange from the corner of my eye. I could hear my subconscious saying "Squee! Fall stuff!" So of course I turned the cart and made a bee line for that section.

I could actually feel myself relaxing as my gaze wandered over ceramic pumpkins, scarecrow porch decor, and little "Welcome Fall" door signs. A black and white filigree pumpkin? Yes please! There were vase fillers, leaf garlands, and candles that made me want to go home and bake a pumpkin pie.

Alas, I felt silly buying any of those things in the heat of July, so I left empty handed. It was nice to experience that little mental vacation though. Autumn can't get here fast enough!!

2 comments: