Friday, July 22, 2011

Making New Friends

Happy Friday y'all! Welcome to the weekend. Only one more left for the month of July! Is it just me, or did this month really fly by?

Last night, I went to see the movie Horrible Bosses with some ladies from a meetup group I just joined. The movie was absolutely hilarious! I'm really glad I went, because these ladies were so much fun to be around.

As a stay at home mom, sometimes it's hard to have adult interaction. And as an Army wife, it can be even harder, since we move so often. We don't live on post, so I haven't met many people out here and since I have Sadie I can't always go to the unit functions. That's why I was so happy to find this meetup group!

The ladies were all super friendly and welcoming. I really didn't feel too much like the new girl. I even found out one of them is from SC! It's always nice to meet fellow Carolina girls.

I'm taking Sadie to a tumbling class tomorrow. This is another event organized by the group. I'm excited to let Sadie make some friends too. I feel like she really needs to play with other kids at this age, to develop those all important social skills. I think I'll take her to the spray park next week, and maybe story time at the library too. It's time we got out of this house more often!

I guess that's all I've got for today!  It's another slow news day. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and stay safe in this heat. It doesn't look like it will be letting up any time soon!

3 comments:

  1. I feel you! Ever since I started telecommuting I feel like a SAHM and it can get pretty boring. Last week I took baby to Barnes and Nobles to read and she had a blast playing with the choo choo's. I sort of felt bad because she never gets to really play with other kids or do much outside of home. I'm glad that you found a meet up group...I may need to look into something similar:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, about Sadie playing with other kids! I feel guilty that she's not around them more. I just don't see the sense in putting her in daycare if I'm not working. About meetup groups, go to meetup.com! You can find playdate groups and other types of groups near you. They do it by zipcode! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok cool, Im going to check this site out right now. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete