Monday, July 11, 2011

Captain's Log: Week 23

Today marks the beginning of my 23rd week of pregnancy. This is crazy to me! Time is flying by this time around, thanks in no small part to the the toddler person we share our home with.

This pregnancy has been much easier on me than my first. I've only had one kidney stone episode so far, and my blood pressure seems to be under control this time. I'm also on track to only gaining 35 pounds! (That is, if I can keep this appetite under control!)

The doctors tell me that I have an anterior placenta, which means it is attached in the front, instead of the back. It's no big deal, it just means I only feel baby girl's kicks when they are low. They can be very uncomfortable already, especially since her favorite time to play is when mommy wants to sleep.  She is just like her big sister in that respect!

Sadie has taken to carrying her baby doll around the house and calling her "sister." Melts my heart every time! I can't wait to see her reaction to the new baby. I'm so excited that I get to call them "my girls." I told Ben once that I felt we were destined to have girls, and I guess I was right!

I find it funny that when I was pregnant with Sadie, I told Ben that next time around I wanted to be pregnant in the summer because the clothes are cuter. That may be true, but boy am I getting what I asked for! I've discovered that being pregnant this time of year feels like I have a portable furnace attached to me. Y'all..I sweat in my house! Not the most pleasant feeling in the world. Thank goodness for cold showers, because our a/c can't keep up with the heat outside.

I apologize if today's post seems a little random and scatterbrained. Since I'm running out of pet projects, and the summer is still dragging on, I guess my creative juices are a little sluggish. Maybe I can wake them up with a little road trip to Oklahoma City this weekend. (Ben! hint hint)

3 comments:

  1. Girl, Im all for random posts...nothing wrong with that! I can't wait to see pics of the new baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also sweat inside my house while pregnant and now after crazy hormones

    ReplyDelete