Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ultimate Vacation Destinations

Summer is the traditional time for family vacations, so that got me thinking today. Where would I go if money, time, and everything else were no object? I'm thinking my list may be quite different than most people's choices.  Here are my top 5, in no particular order.

1. Philadelphia's Mutter Museum of Medical Oddities


I first heard of this place during a special on the travel channel. My interest was instantly piqued. Medical oddities and history in one place? I'm sold! This one might frighten my kids, though. 

2. Gettysburg, PA

Maybe it's because I love anything and everything to do with the Civil War, or because I have an ancestor that lost his life during this battle, but I would love to make a trip to this battlefield. I think Ben would enjoy this one as well. 

3. Salem, MA

I love the history surrounding this place as well. I find it fascinating, despite the tragedy that occurred here. 

4. The Myrtles Plantation, LA 


There are some very interesting stories about this antebellum plantation in St. Francisville, Louisiana. It is said to be one of the most haunted places in America. This only strengthens my desire to visit the plantation. 

5.  The Smithsonian 


I would love, love, love to visit this collection of museums in Washington, DC. It seems there is something for everyone here, including the little ones. It would be an excellent learning opportunity for our kids and Ben and I could feed our hungry minds. 

So, there you have it. My top 5 vacation wishlist. Perhaps one day we can visit these places and I can blog about them. Thanks for reading today, and Happy Saturday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment