Wednesday, July 6, 2011

For My Bathing Beauties

Today is Wednesday, and we are in what I like to call "the doldrums" of the week. It's not Monday, so we can't complain about that, and it's not Friday so we can't celebrate the arrival of the weekend. This gives me a bad case of the midweek blues. So, to pick myself up, I decided to do another decorating post! (I can hear you cheering...haha.)

Today I want to talk about the girls' bathroom.  I have gone ultra feminine in this room, with frills and more frills, and pink. It started with the purchase of a shower curtain.  This shower curtain, to be exact.



The curtain is (of course) from the Simply Shabby Chic collection at Target.  It is very similar to organza fabric, so I had to hang a solid white liner behind it to make it less sheer. I love the frills!

For hooks, I went with another Simply Shabby Chic item. I found these lovely crystal shower hooks that remind me of antique drawer pulls.  Aren't they pretty?! I like how old fashioned they look.

  

After the shower curtain, I knew I needed some coordinating towels. So, once again, I turned to Target and more Simply Shabby Chic. I promise they are not paying me to write this blog....

  

These are the hand towels. I also have the matching bath towels, but apparently I forgot to take a picture of those. I love these because they are so feminine, and they match the shower curtain perfectly.  And have I mentioned the frills?! Having little girls has really affected me! 

Now, on to lighting. Of course the room has the standard vanity lighting and overhead light. But where is the fun in that? Enter the nightlight. 

  

Yes, I shut the door and turned out the lights just for this shot! It's hard to see the details on her, but she's a kneeling fairy, with a serene expression on her face. I picked up this little beauty at Hobby Lobby. I love that she reminds me of Victorian lighting, and since the light comes from inside her pink dress, it gives the room a warm pink glow. 

The only thing missing now is pink bath towels. I'm one of those weirdos that likes decorative towels...and then towels you actually use for drying off. The pink ones will be used while the white frilly ones just sit pretty.  

Thanks for reading today! Tune in tomorrow for our New Recipe of the Week! (I know I just did one Sunday, but hey! It's my blog!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment