Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Captain Daddy

Today was a very proud day for our family! Ben was officially promoted to Captain. Sadie and I went to the ceremony, and she removed his Lieutenant rank. I'm glad that she was able to participate.

Last night dinner, I told Sadie that Daddy was going to be a captain today. So I said, "Can you say Captain?" She said in her adorable way "cat tan!" We all got a good laugh at that. Then I had an idea. I turned to her and asked "Can you say Captain Daddy?" She excitedly said "Cat tan Dah-ee!" That resulted in more peals of laughter from all of us.

The title has stuck too! She said it all the way to the ceremony, when I told her we were going to see daddy. "Yay! Cat tan dah-ee!" was what she shouted over and over. She is such a daddy's girl, and it warms my heart when she gets so excited to see him.

I am truly thankful that God saw fit to bless me with such a wonderful family. Ben is a wonderful father and a great husband. With our second little one on the way, I think our little family feels complete. So, (since I know you are reading this!)  thank you Ben for all you do for us, and we are so proud of you! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment