Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rachel Ashwell

I think it's pretty clear from the title of this blog that I'm a little enamored with decorating. Ok.... a lot enamored. I get more excited when I see my Pottery Barn catalogs than I do when I see clothing magazines. I just wish we could settle somewhere and buy a place of our own. Then I could really have fun!

Today I was (still) contemplating my plans for Sadie's room and decided I should make a post about the designer who inspired the plans in my head. Her name is Rachel Ashwell. She is the creative genius behind the brand Simply Shabby Chic. Target sells bedding, bath items, and other household goods based on her line.

I love, love, love her work. If I could have an entire house decorated in her style, it would be heaven. (Of course, Ben wouldn't agree. This is not a very manly decorating style!) I flipped through one of her coffee table books at the store and decided that was how I wanted my girls' bedrooms to look.

                                                  

The image  above is from Rachel Ashwell's website www.shabbychic.com. While I can't possibly afford this particular bed, or that amazing (probably genuine vintage) chandelier, I think this is the atmosphere I'm going for.

Thus the desire for a white wrought iron bed, and mirrors and crystal details. We also purchased a small chandelier to hang over her bed. Here it is, in stock photo form. (we unfortunately cannot hang it in our current apartment.)



I guess it's a good thing I have daughters....I wouldn't know what to do with a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment