Monday, July 18, 2011

Super Mom

She can leap piles of laundry in a single bound! She can pick up toys and straighten a living room faster than a speeding bullet! She can persuade even the most rebellious toddler to take a nap,she can make beds, she can vacuum the house, and still have dinner on before her husband comes home! She is...super mom!

Ok...maybe that was a bit dramatic. But some days, like today, I really love being a stay at home mom. Today has been very productive at our house. I have managed to get every scrap of dirty laundry washed, folded, ironed, and put away. I've done dishes. I've vacuumed. I got my little monster to take a nap without a fuss. I was able to treat myself to a long shower. I'm even finding time to make a homemade chicken casserole for dinner.

This may not seem like anything out of the ordinary for other women, but for a a woman who is 7 months pregnant and running low on energy most of the time, this is a lot of work! Maybe I'm still nesting.

I think the drive to do all this stems from the fact that I don't want to have a bunch of little things waiting to be done around the house when the baby gets here. I know I'll still have everyday things to do, but if my house is basically clean, I can handle it. (Or Ben can handle it...ha!) Besides, who wants a dirty house when company is over?

I need to thank my mom, once again, for passing that cleaning bug on to me. Anyone who has ever visited my mother's house knows what I mean! Spotless. It took a while, but maybe those OCD habits are kicking in for me too.

Speaking of kicking in, I just heard the dishwasher stop. Time to finish that chore. Thanks for reading today! Be sure to tune in tomorrow, for our recipe of the week! Y'all are gonna love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment