Sunday, July 17, 2011

Have We Discussed our Bedroom?

Hi readers! It's a slow Sunday out here in Oklahoma, and as usual for a slow day, I don't have much to talk about. So I thought we could discuss another room in our humble abode.

Our room is still something of a work in progress, but I really love the way it's coming together. I think the direction is sort of coastal meets plantation. We have a sea grass bed (my absolute favorite thing in the room), and a cherry dresser and chest of drawers.

This is a stock photo of our bed. (I'm in the process of washing sheets today, so please forgive me for not taking a picture of ours!) I love that this is coastal without being too "beachy." Also, it suits my style without being too feminine for Ben.

  

For bedding, we have a blue and white palette. This combo looks really pretty against the natural color of the bed. In the summer, we use the painterly paisley duvet and euro shams from Pottery Barn. (Stock photo, again.) This set instantly brightens the room and it just screams "summer" to me. 

  

For the winter months, it's nice to have something a little darker and heavier on the bed. So once it starts to get cold, we switch to Thomas O'brien's pale sky paisley. I got this set for a great price at Target last winter. Unfortunately, the reason the price was so good is because the set has been discontinued. I love the navy and cream tones! (It's a little hard to see them in this photo.) 

  

Now. For this fall, I'm itching to switch things up a bit. I want to add some yellow! I have "fallen", haha- pardon the pun- in love with another set from Pottery Barn. Sunflowers! I saw this in person at the store and liked it even more. 

  

And, of course, I have to change the bedding for Christmas. This is another trait borrowed from my mother. It's such a fun tradition, and I want to continue it. Unfortunately, the set I had picked out for us is already completely sold out! I may or may not have almost cried over this.  Hopefully I will find something else soon. 



If you're still reading this, thank you!! I realize today's post probably isn't nearly as interesting to everyone else as it is to me. I find it helpful to get these things down on paper, so to speak, so I can keep my decorating schemes in order. I get so many new ideas from so many places that it's easy to lose track of them. 



Hope you all have had a nice relaxing Sunday! (Did I really just type 'you all?!' I've been away from home too long, y'all...)  









2 comments:

  1. Thanks girl! It was an awesome find. I got it about a year ago at Classic Furniture on hwy 1. 200 bucks for the whole king size bed!

    ReplyDelete