Friday, July 29, 2011

Biting the Bullet

Tonight has been one of those lazy nights. You know the kind. You've done the laundry, the dishes are washed and so is the kid, and the child is tucked in bed. You settle down to enjoy the night, and there is nothing on tv! Nothing going on online either. So...you start window shopping.

Tonight's window shopping was for Sadie's furniture. In a few short months, her dresser will be the baby's, and she is growing up so I want her to have something with more storage, therefore I want her to have a new dresser and a chest of drawers. Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, she still needs a bed.

We decided to go with the wrought iron bed from our local furniture store. We've been putting it off forever, and we just have to bite the bullet and go pay for it.  The price is the best we have found, and they offer free delivery. Always a nice touch! To refresh your memory, here is the bed.

  

See that dresser in the picture? I LOVE it. That fits perfectly with the shabby chic/ antique little girl vibe Sadie's room has. Unfortunately, the thing costs a thousand bucks! No can do. Unless we want ramen noodles for dinner every night.  So, I'm on the hunt for an alternative. Like I told one of my friends earlier, sometimes I wish I knew nothing about decorating or what makes a good piece of furniture! (Not that I'm an expert, mind you, I just have expensive taste!) 

I also want a mirror. One I can hang from a ribbon, and suspend (well...give the impression that it's suspended) from a crystal knob or maybe even an old door knob. I've also thought of finding a pretty "shabby" frame and using it to frame a mirror.  I think I need the basics first before I tackle these projects, though. 

We are headed to the furniture store tomorrow afternoon, so I will update y'all and let you know what we come away with. I think I'll feel better once my little girl has her own furniture. 




No comments:

Post a Comment