Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Oasis at Home

Happy August! Can't believe it's here already. According to the internet, the official first day of Fall for the northern hemisphere is September 23rd. That date seems so close...but it's still so hot. It's too hot even to go to the pool out here. So, let's talk about indoor oases.

By this, I means bathrooms of course. To me, nothing says relaxation like the spa-like quality of an awesome bathroom. Just a few steps down the hall and you can find yourself in heaven. My perfect bathroom starts with my ultimate luxury. A claw foot tub!

  

I love the feet on this tub. I like that they're off white, so they don't blend too much with the rest of the tub. Also, they look a little "shabby," so if you've read much of this blog you know why that appeals to me! 

Of course, Ben wouldn't be thrilled if all we had to bathe in was a claw foot tub. So, we would need a great shower for him and for every day. I really like this one. 

  

I love that it's masculine, but not so manly that it's an eyesore. Also, I love the brown. It would be a lovely contrast with the blue and white of the rest of the room. (Nevermind the fact that we'd need a big house to fit this in. We are daydreaming here!) 

I'm a big fan of beadboard. I think it looks so classy in any room, but I especially love it in bathrooms. When painted white, I think it makes a very clean and fresh statement. Like this. 

  

I really like how high they've taken the beadboard in this bathroom, turning it into a picture rail instead of a chair rail. I love the starfish arranged on the ledge, and I'd probably do the same or something similar. 

Above the picture rail, I want color. A nice fresh color like blue. I love this shade: Sweet Bluette from Benjamin Moore. 

  

Onto the next necessity:  the vanity. Having lived in a few places now, none of which had a double vanity, I can appreciate the value of this little luxury. Storing our personal toiletries and other bathroom things would be so much easier. Plus, it looks pretty! 

  

I like the idea of individual wastebaskets too. That's a nice little convenience. Mine would be seagrass too, of course. 

Rugs are an important element for bathrooms as well. They can really brighten up the space with color, or add interest with unique patterns. I have fallen in love with two! 


 

I like the first one because it looks botanical, something I always think is nice for bathrooms. I fell in love with the second one because I love the blue color and the pattern. 

Will I ever get a bathroom as nice as the one I've dreamed up? Who knows. But a girl can dream! For more neat bathroom ideas, check out my friend Amanda's blog on my bookshelf to the right of this post. It's "Meet the Perrys."  







No comments:

Post a Comment