Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Week 28- 8 months today!

I am 8 months pregnant today. I have approximately 82 days until my due date.  Depending on when this little girl decides to make her appearance, we may have ourselves a Halloween baby! I wouldn't mind that one single bit. Can you imagine (those of you who are aware of my Halloween obsession) how much fun planning birthday parties would be?! But as usual, I digress.

I'm still feeling relatively good. Long shopping trips give me hip and back aches, and it's getting harder to pick things up from the floor, but other than that I have no major complaints. With the "growth spurt" I had in the past couple of weeks (I call it this to make myself feel better), I'm on track to gaining 38 pounds total. More than I wanted to, but still 20 pounds less than I did with Sadie! The thing I hate most is the weight is showing in my face. Yuck. Luckily that's the easiest place to lose it!

Some days I feel like there are things I should be doing to get ready for the baby, but I'm not doing them. I feel like I'm missing something. The thing is, we already have all her furniture and all the newborn clothing she needs, compliments of her big sister. We have a pack n play, a baby swing, and a bouncy seat. All we really need is a new carseat and the double stroller. We have both picked out, and thanks to my husband's awesome parents, the stroller is taken care of.

Right now I'm on the hunt for a baby sling. I don't want a wrap-style carrier, because I don't have the patience for all the tying. I want a pouch style. Seems like I've looked at every carrier under the sun. I think it's going to come down to the Maya and the Peanut Shell.

This is the Maya. It comes in a variety of patterns and different sizes for a good fit. I like the fact that the ring is adjustable and there is less wrapping involved.


This is the Peanut Shell. This is also available in different patterns and sizes. I like the ease of the pouch style, and I think the patterns are so cute. 

  

I'm really not sure which one I will end up with. I guess for now I'll just be doing more research. 

My 28 week doctor's appointment is tomorrow. I'm sure we will be discussing the results of my gestational diabetes test, which I'm assuming I passed since I didn't get a call back from the hospital. I think now is about the time the bi-weekly appointments start too. So instead of seeing the doctor monthly, I will be going in every two weeks. While I'm not thrilled with that prospect, I am happy that it means we are getting closer to meeting our second little angel! 

Thanks for stopping by! I know my posts have been a little infrequent lately, but there are good things coming, I promise! I'm working on a couple of crafty projects that I can't wait to share with y'all. Have a great Tuesday! 


2 comments:

  1. I like the maya sling. Super cute! You are a gorgeous mommy. Don't worry one bit about the "weight in your face." I don't see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Misty! You are always so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete