Thursday, August 11, 2011

Georgia on my Mind (Happy Birthday to me!)

As most of you probably know, yesterday was my 26th birthday. I'm officially almost 30. And I used to think 30 was SO old! I think I've changed my mind about that.

Ben gave me the best birthday present I could have asked for. News that we are moving to Fort Stewart at the end of this year! I almost cried when he told me. I just couldn't believe it. There was only 1 slot for a class of 66 soldiers, and we got it! It's like a dream come true.

The area we are moving to is right outside of Savannah, and minutes from the beach. There are a couple of large farmers' markets and plenty of shopping. Not to mention the historical areas to satisfy my interests. We are looking at houses in the town of Richmond Hill, GA. It's one of the more expensive areas, but it's closer to "civilization" than Hinesville, the town right outside post. (And the houses are prettier. I can't lie and say that's not a big factor!)

I am just so thankful that we have this opportunity to be closer to home. The Lord must have heard our prayers! Now if only our moving date was closer...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! That is so awesome! It sounds so relaxing and laid back and its a dream to be able to live anywhere close to Savannah or Charleston. Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!! Oh, and no worries, I will be turning 26 in November, we can take the leap into older together! haha

    ReplyDelete