Saturday, August 6, 2011

Playing Dress Up

Ask any mother of girls, and they will tell you that one of the best things about having a daughter is the clothes. I could literally spend a week buying clothes for my girls, and still find things they just *have* to have.  So, with this weekend being tax free weekend, I decided to hit the mall and see what I could snap up.

I was honestly a little disappointed. Most stores are only starting to receive their Fall inventory, so there wasn't much of a selection. (If you could peek into Sadie's closet, you would see why I refuse to buy any more Summer clothes!) It also doesn't help that our mall here in Lawton is a little, shall we say...bereft...of children's clothing.  Our choices are Dillards, The Children's Place, Sears, and Old Navy, none of which with the exception of Dillard's, usually thrill me. (Admittedly, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to my children's clothes.)

Anyway, Old Navy was practically empty in the infant and toddler section. What they did have was very summery and not what I was looking for. Dillard's was still full of Summer dresses, and I didn't bother with Sears. So, finally I made it to The Children's Place. Everyone else must have had the same idea, because the place was packed! It was like black Friday in there.

I quickly scanned the sale rounders, and finding nothing I wanted (although they did have some great deals on summer things), I spotted something at the back of the store. Tulle. I have radar for that stuff! I could probably spot it from a mile away. So, I made a beeline for the rack.

Readers...it was like a light from above. Leopard print tulle skirts! Hanging right next to some adorable denim jackets! Oh, I was in heaven alright. Almost instinctively, with the amazing cat-like reflexes I seem to acquire while on the hunt, I thumbed through the rack and found Sadie's size. Then she needed leggings, which just so happened to be on sale for 8 bucks. I snatched some of those too. Feeling quite satisfied, I paid for them and left to find Ben and Sadie at the playground.

Since I know y'all want to see the cuteness, here is the outfit.

  

All she needs now is some brown boots and a leopard bow. I'm pretty sure I can find those. In fact, last time I checked Target.com, they had some adorable boots. 

I also got an adorable coat from Zulily this morning. At $22.00 for the coat and the hat, I couldn't pass it up. Also, I'm in love with hound's tooth. 

  

So, that's the loot from this weekend. Sadie's Fall wardrobe is officially started! I can't wait to see her in these clothes. As soon as the stores start putting out more Fall things for infants, baby number 2 will be racking up too. Thanks for stopping by again this evening! Hope y'all have a good weekend. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Oh my gosh I looove that jacket from Zulily! Im so disappointed that I don't pay more attention to those emails! Ugh...its so cute and Sadie is going to be styling this fall! I am in love with that tulle skirt too. I actually live in the Children's place so I'm shocked that slipped by me. Please take pictures of her in her cuteness:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya ma'am! Sadie is so prissy that this stuff is right up her alley. This is actually the first time in a couple of weeks that Zulily had something I wanted. I will take lots of pictures, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they made one in my size, I would have one!

    ReplyDelete