Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Possibility of a House

As most of you know, Ben and I are moving next month! We are having our baby, then packing our things and moving from Oklahoma to Georgia. I am so excited, and I can't wait to settle into our new life as a family of four.

This week, my sister-in-law Sarah generously took time out of her fall break to go down to Richmond Hill, GA to look at some houses for us. We had a list narrowed down to about 10 houses, and she worked with the realtors to look at each one and help us decide which ones were the best. After two days of appointments, we decided on two houses, one of which is in our favorite neighborhood!

The first house she looked at is the front runner at the moment. It's in a great neighborhood, with a park, preschool, and primary school right outside the subdivision. It's also very convenient to shopping and grocery stores. So...who wants to see pics?!

 

This is (obviously) the front of the house. Love the dormers and that porch! I already have plans for that porch...

  

Living room with gas fireplace. Loving the fact that we'll have a fireplace! Not sure  how often we will need it in south Georgia though, haha. I'm loving the big windows too. 

  

Living area continued, with dining area. I adore the hardwood floors..and guess what? They are brand spanking new! Explains the shiny-ness. In this photo, you can see one of the only two things I don't like about this house. The vine stencils. They are on this wall, and on the wall going up the stairs. But, I'm willing to deal with those for such a pretty house. 

  

Check out this kitchen!! It's huge in comparison to what we are used to, and I love the white, and the fact that it has a window overlooking the backyard. This kitchen also has a large pantry, which will be so helpful in saving cabinet space. 



Stairs leading to the second floor, and there are the rest of the vines. Like I said, not my style but I think I can deal with it. 


  

Master bathroom, and helloooo garden tub! I intend to make very good use of that! These photos show you the only other thing I dislike about this house: the sponge painting in the bathrooms. But again, I will deal with it for this house. 

  

Back of the house, with another lovely porch and a patio. The back porch is not screened in like I originally thought, but it is covered. We'll just have to invest in some citronella candles for the summer! 

  

This is the back yard. While it's not huge, it offers plenty of room for two little girls to run around and play. We might have to get a play house :). 

  

And finally, our carport and storage building. This has a spot for one car, but there is plenty of driveway for parking our other vehicle. The storage will come in handy for seasonal things or outdoor stuff. 

So there you have it! Our potential house. I am so excited to finally have a house, even if we don't own it. It will be such a nice change from living in duplexes and apartments. We are submitting our application today, so keep your fingers and toes crossed that it will go through for us! 










5 comments:

  1. I love it! It is huge and perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Latoya! You're a girl after my own heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julia and Lily!! :)
    I really hope we get it. The owners are strict about who rents the house, but they are retired military, and the realtor we spoke to said it helps that we are a military family as well.

    ReplyDelete