Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm Turning into my Mother

If my husband was to read the title of this post, I know exactly what he'd say. "What do you mean turning?!" He would say I already am my mother. He may be right. However I prefer to think it's still in progress. Denial is not just a river in Egypt...

This "me into mom" transformation tends to happen most often around the holidays. This year is no exception, and although we don't technically have a house to decorate yet, I've already started my planning. When I placed my first order it became quite apparent to me that our house was definitely going to scream "Kathy's daughter lives here!"

I know y'all are just dying to see what I bought, right? Of course you are. I should preface these photos by saying they are all from potterybarn.com, and I bought them all with a coupon I received when we moved. I would never have convinced Ben to let me buy them all otherwise!

  

First we have my favorite piece, the Paros mercury glass lantern. I adore this thing! Can't wait to see it glowing with a candle inside. These come in 5 sizes, and I opted for the tall cylinder to get that "wow" factor without breaking the bank. 

  

Burlap ribbon, another look I love. This will serve as garland on our tree. I'm planning to use this with red, white, and silver ornaments for a look that blends rustic with shine. My mother would love that! 

  

Last but not least, our stockings. I love the classic look of these. Ben, Sadie, and I already have one with our name on them, so all I had to do was get one for the new baby. 

I pretend that being like my mother is something I don't want. Truth is, I'm glad I am. Thanks to her, I know how to cook, decorate, keep my home in order, and most importantly be a mother. I hope my girls will feel the same some day!


No comments:

Post a Comment