Friday, October 7, 2011

I Heart Gymbucks!

What do I love about little girls? Let me count the ways! The pink, the frills, the decorating, the bows, the endless clothing choices, I could go on. What do I not love about little girls? How much it costs to clothe two of them! 

Having a little girl and expecting another one has really forced me to shop efficiently for their clothing. Gone are the days that I can just walk into a store and pay full price for an outfit. Unless, that is, I'm not planning on buying something for the other little girl. And I know it's silly, but I already feel guilty when I buy something for Sadie and not the new baby, or vice versa. 

Luckily (or if you ask Ben, not so luckily) my favorite children's store is Gymboree. At full price, the clothing in this store is very expensive. However, they tend to put lines on sale pretty soon after they release them, or at least put out a few coupons before then. They also have a WONDERFUL thing called Gymbucks. 

During Gymbuck earning periods, for every 50 dollars you spend, you receive 25 dollars in gymbucks, good toward a future purchase during the gymbuck redemption period. The 25 gymbucks will get you 25 dollars off a 50 dollar purchase, so essentially these are 50% off coupons. The best part is, there is no limit to how many gymbucks you can use in a single transaction! As long as you purchase an amount equivalent to double the amount of gymbucks you have, your transaction will work. This is done four times I year, I believe, so it really  helps when building little wardrobes. 


This time around, I finally caught on to what I believe is the "secret" to using these gymbucks effectively. Buy the items already on sale! I didn't do this before, and it really limited the savings I got. This time I had 75 dollars in gymbucks, and I bought only one full priced outfit, and I only bought that outfit because I felt that Sadie had enough items from the sale collections. Here is what we came away with. 


Ribbon top and brown velour leggings from the "Sweet Treats" collection. This was the full priced outfit. I can't wait to see her wearing this with some brown boots and a red bow in her hair! 

  

Adorable Rise and Shine jammies. Sadie has already had these on, and she loves them! I really like the colors and the stripes. 

  

Pink mouse jumper from the "miss mouse" collection. Normally I'm not a huge fan of "characters" on clothes, but I thought these little mice were adorable. I think she'll wear this with a white turtleneck, gray tights, and some black boots. 

  

These are the baby's dresses! A black and white corduroy jumper with a blue bow at the waist. I bought the matching headband as well. Pink sweater jumper from the Sweet Pea line, and a corduroy jumper in pink with a giraffe print. Couldn't pass up those cute little baby socks either! 

This is 150 dollars worth of merchandise that I paid 89 for after shipping and taxes. Not too bad, huh?  Granted, I probably won't be able to spend this much each time gymbucks are offered, but I'm very satisfied with my purchases. So mom friends, keep an eye out for gymboree coupons and sales! I promise you won't be disappointed with the clothes.






No comments:

Post a Comment