Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting My Feet Wet

Today is Monday. Good day to start, right? The baseball game is on and Ben is on the floor with Sadie, our two year old. Mommy is free for the moment!

I'm 21 weeks pregnant today, and I think the nesting has really kicked in. In a big way. I cleaned like a crazy woman and finally got serious about decorating this little apartment. If we have to be here at least until November, might as well make it feel like home. Ben put up the curtain rods while I pressed the travel worn drapes...something I wouldn't have done before. (I have a lazy streak a mile wide..I will be the first to admit it!) I've got the mirrors, pictures, and other wall adornments propped where I want them to hang, and Ben's job tomorrow will be to hang those for me.

All this cleaning made me realize I need a lot of organizing "stuff." So here is my list, to be checked off at some point this week:

~Hooks for the back of our bathroom doors
~Shower hooks for Sadie's bathroom
~Pledge (things get filthy in moving trucks)
~Some sort of hamper for Sadie's bath toys (the little pouch in the tub isn't cutting it anymore)
~Storage system for the play room (containing the plastic fruits and veggies and felt cupcakes is a chore)
~A magic cleaning fairy (Ok I'm kidding)

Looks like I'm going to be busy this week! That's fine by me, I like to be busy. Makes life in this little map dot  town a little easier. I guess I didn't have much to say for my first entry...hopefully I haven't bored you too much!  Later posts will be more exciting: I've got plans for crafting projects and decorating ideas, as well as more family stuff. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment