Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Bed for Sadie

"Mirror mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all...."

After a spirited childhood and stormy adolescence filled with vows that I would NEVER be like my mother, the inevitable has happened. I am my mother. And I'm thrilled!  I inherited everything from her love of interior design to her flair for cooking. (Although, to be fair, I should say that I haven't quite reached her level of culinary mastery. Yet.)  I find myself thinking like her in everything I do. That includes decorating my home. So. On that note....

Sadie needs a bed!!! Her sister will be here in November and she'll have to give up her current furniture. I'm glad that she's two and can't argue with me about this. For beds, I have my eye on two white wrought iron styles. One is slightly pricier, and one is local. I just can't pick the one I want!

                                         
This one  is from Pottery Barn Kids, and I think it's adorable! The only drawback I see is that it's a little more expensive than the one in my local furniture store, and from the reviews on the PBK site, it seems to be more cream/yellow than white. Not sure how that will fit into my plans for her room. 

       

This bed is from my local store, Darby's Big Furniture. It is a little less expensive than the Pottery Barn bed and it is true white. Added bonus: it has crystal finials on the bed posts! In all honesty I think I'm leaning more toward this one, but I'm still not completely sure. 

What do you think?? 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like the one cheaper and closer to you looks a lot more true to original on wrought iron beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda!
    That's my thinking too. Guess it wasn't such a tough decision after all!

    ReplyDelete